Because most compounded suppositories are unnecessarily large, they are notorious for causing leaky messes and discomfort. Standard aluminum suppository molds offer challenges to compounders, since they are time consuming both to use and to clean. Another problem that both compounders and patients face is the burdensome process of removing suppositories from outdated molds, whether they’re from bulky metal trays or the peel-away plastic suppository shells.
Compounding pharmacist and president of BIOSRX, Dr. Moses Perez, Pharm.D. had these issues, and after years of experimenting with many molds, decided it was time for a real change. Dr. Perez developed the technology for compounding pharmacies like yours to compound suppositories much faster, and for the mini-suppositories to be far more comfortable for patients. In short, Pebble Beach Molds are designed to solve practically every problem when compounding suppositories with outdated suppository molds.
First released as mini-Suppository molds in 2018, Pebble Beach Suppository Molds are now available in three options. Compounding pharmacies can order Pebble Beach Molds with either 0.5 mL or 1.0 mL cavities, depending on their API needs. The 1.0 mL molds are available in both 100 ct. and 500 ct. cavities. All of the Pebble Beach Molds are durable, semi-flexible, and heat resistant.
The groundbreaking advantage of Pebble Beach Compounding Molds is the potential to fill cavities in a single step with the Pour & Disperse method while compounding, instead of having to fill each cavity one at a time. Your pharmacy can easily compound 30 suppositories or 500.
- Segmented cavities for controlled pouring: make 30, 60, 100, and more!
- Up to 4 mini-suppositories fit in Gentle Dose applicator
- Different size options for different compounding needs
- Different options for higher API capacity needs
- 0.5mL suppositories fit up to 150 mg API capacity and 1mL suppositories may fit up to 300 mg API capacity
- Smooth mold material causes suppositories to easily fall out of the mold
- Semi-flexible material makes it easy to twist the mold for finished suppositories to fall out of the mold
- Heat-resistant material
- Dishwasher safe for easier cleaning than ever
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee for a risk free trial period
- One year full warranty
- Compatible with most suppository bases available from your favorite compounding wholesalers, such as from PCCA, Xenex Labs, Medisca, Fagron, Letco Medical, and others
- Molds available in Entry, Standard, or Advanced Packages for additional formula support
- Less time required to fill the same prescription
- Less suppository base used compared to large suppositories
- Faster cleaning time
- Reduced labor cost can improve compounding profit margins
- Easier to scale up suppository business with more mold sizes
- Smaller size suppository preferred by patients and physicians
- Reduce inventory in lab because molds are reusable, and suppositories can be packaged in standard child-resistant prescription vials
- Superior patient comfort
- Faster absorption
- Faster onset of action
- Less leakage, less mess
- Increased patient adherence
- An applicator for inserting up to 4 mini-Suppositories at a time is available
Medications Commonly Compounded:
- Estradiol (E2)
- Testosterone (T)
- Progesterone (P4)
- BiEst (Estradiol/Estriol)
- Combinations of E2, E3, P4, P5, T, and DHEA
- Low-Dose Naltrexone
- Boric Acid
- And more!