Standard troches are large, uncomfortable to maintain in between the gum and cheeks, and notorious for being hard to remove from the disposable plastic mold. In addition, due to its thickness, they take a while to dissolve causing poor patient adherence.
Compounding pharmacist, Dr. Moses Perez, Pharm.D. and founder of BIOSRX realized that pharmacists can indeed offer better transmucosal delivery options for patients, and developed the technology for compounding pharmacies like yours to compound troches hassle free.
R.D. Troche Molds
from BIOSRX are durable, flexible, heat resistant, and reusable compounding molds.
Our latest arrival, the 1ML RD TROCHE MOLD contains sixty cavities, and each cavity has a 1.0 mL volume capacity; which, can easily hold up to ~240mg of active ingredients.
Scored to perfection, each cavity of the mold is scored in three places for patients to easily cut the troche in quarters or halves as needed to accommodate specific dosage needs.
To get you started from day one, each troche configuration includes compounding formulas, spreading spatulas, and limited formula conversion support, a one year warranty, and a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.
Cavity Volume: 1 mL
Maximum API: 240 mg
Mold Dimensions: 198.5 x 180 x 9 mm
Troche Dimensions: 10.8 x 20.5 4.4 mm
Mold Calibrations per Troche
- PCCA NataTroche: 0.857 Gm
- PCCA Polyglycol Troche Base: 1.101 Gm
The Standard Package is our most popular option, and is appropriate for most mid-size pharmacies.
- Superior patient comfort for increased patient adherence
- Common sense size of One mL per cavity
- Fits up to ~240mg of API per cavity
- Thinner Troches that dissolve faster
- Faster absorption of the active drug
- Capability to easily cut troche in half and quarters
- Made of FDA grade Thermoplastic elastomer and FDA grade colorants
- Heat resistant up to 250 °F
- Dishwasher safe and easy cleaning
- Three (3) R.D Troche Molds
- Ten 3.5 x 3.5" Spatulas
- Three Formulas + Ongoing Release*
- Formula Support (limited)
- Marketing Tools
- 30-Days Money Back Guarantee
- One Year Full Warranty
Medications Commonly Compounded:
- Progesterone (P4)
- Combinations of E2, E3, T, P4, P5, DHEA
This mold is also available from PCCA (Professional Compounding Centers of America) in different configurations. Contact your PCCA representative to learn more.