TICKER® is an easy-to-use metered dispenser that delivers accurate and precise doses of cream and gel compounded preparations. As a clinical tool, TICKER® offers physicians and patients more dosing options than traditional transdermal dispensers. Whether large or small volumetric dispensation is required, TICKER® handles it all! Delivering 1/20th gram with each click, TICKER® is equipped with a proprietary screw-driven piston that provides precise and accurate volumetric dosages, time after time. It is a greener product because it uses less plastic than competing transdermal applicators in the same category. We are happy to say we pass these savings to our dear pharmacy colleagues and ultimately to the patient. TICKER® is manufactured and assembled in the USA, and made using the highest quality, FDA grade polypropylene resins. TICKER® is free from phthalates, BPA, and other contaminants.
Discover the benefits the TICKER® Transdermal Dispenser can offer you and your patients. The patient simply turns the dial base clockwise and the medication is collected at the top in the dome applicator pad. TICKER® is the only metered dispenser that delivers continuous, variable, and rhythmic doses of hormones with just the turn of the dial!
The Bottom Line For Using TICKER®:
- Easy to use
- A metered dial for accuracy
- Patients fine-tune their dosage at home as instructed
- Decreases unnecessary patient calls to the doctor’s office
- Environmentally friendly
- Does Not Contain BPA (Bisphenol A), phthalates, or other undesirable contaminants.
"Simply put, the TICKER® dispenser offers patients and physicians more dosing options than traditional applicators", Charles Carpenter, MD -Sacramento, CA
- Each Ticker™ applicator encompasses topical preparations ranging from 5ml to 38ml depending on its intended use.
- In one complete turn of the rotating base (360 degrees), exactly one gram is dispensed
- There are 20 dial tabs, each equally spaced from one another and spanning around its circumference
- Each dial corresponds to one Click
- As the dial turns clockwise, each “Click” causes the plunger to move upwards dispensing on average 1/20th gram of topical cream or gel.
- *One click dispenses 0.05ml, Two clicks dispense 0.10ml, three clicks dispense 0.15ml, four clicks dispense 0.20ml, and very so forth
- Dosing ¼ gram of Topical Compounded Preparations. The patient is instructed to dial 5-Clicks with the Ticker™ dispenser; causing the plunger to move upwards and dispense the right amount of cream or gel. (Depending on the hormone base used, with this dosing scheme the dispenser holds 144 doses of medication; However, the pharmacy may choose to only dispense a month supply with respect to insurance coverage or other factors)
- Dosing ½ gram of Topical Compounded Preparations. The patient is instructed to dial 10-Clicks with the Ticker™ dispenser. (Depending on the hormone base used, with this dosing, the dispenser holds 72 doses of medication)
- Dosing ¾ gram of Topical Compounded Preparations. The patient is instructed to dial 15-Clicks with the Ticker™ dispenser. (Have the patient count by five clicks at a time; 5, 10, 15) With this dosing scheme, the container can accommodate 48 doses of topical preparation
- Dosing 1gram of Topical Compounded Preparations. The patient is instructed to dial 20-Clicks with the Ticker™ dispenser. (Have the patient count by five clicks at a time; 5, 10, 15, 20) With this dosing scheme, the container can accommodate 36 doses of topical preparation
- Ticker™ fits standard prescription labels making it easy for pharmacists to affix the label, and for patients to follow the instructions.
- A Domed applicator pad where the cream is collected is designed for direct application to the intended site. This may eliminated the need of transferring to the fingers first.
- Audible, visual, and tactile features facilitate patients in self-administering exact doses.
- A “Refill” reminder window assists patients to continue the therapy and reorder in a timelier manner.
- Recycle Code 5. Ticker is a one-time use delivery applicator. Please check with your State Board of Pharmacy to see if you are allowed to recycle any prescription drug containers through the standard channels.
Fine-Tuning Topical Dosages Has Never Been Easier
Doubling or tripling dosages of hormones could have serious adverse effects to the health of our patients. Most of these occurrences are often posed by limitations due to the chosen delivery system. With the arrival of the Ticker™ applicator and it’s impressive micro-dosing ability, physicians across the US, Canada, and other countries have less to worry as a patient’s dosage can now be incrementally decreased or increased by the patient at home. Following a phone visit with your patient and further learning about their present condition and realizing a dosage adjustment is needed, simply instruct the patient to apply one, two, or additional clicks as needed, and then to return to the office in a few weeks. No need to contact the pharmacy for these changes. Comparing to other delivery devices such as pumps, syringes, pens; which encompass serious dosing limitations, Ticker™ is likely the best choice. With Ticker the patient simply fine-tunes his/her dosage to optimal health as instructed. Patient adherence at it's best!